Invitation builds upon very successful first season racing in US
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin – November 16, 2018 – James Roe Jr., of Naas, Kildare County, Ireland has been invited to participate in the prestigious 2018 Mazda Road to Indy $200,000 Shootout scheduled to be held in Chandler, Arizona from December 7th – 9th, 2018.
The Opportunity to Compete Against the Best Drivers in the World
Throughout 2018, nearly 400 drivers from 20 open-wheel racing championships on six continents around the world competed for the opportunity to win an invitation to the 2018 Mazda Road to Indy $200,000 Shootout. One participant will be awarded a $200,000 scholarship to the first step of the Mazda Road to Indy: the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda Championship featuring the Tatuus USF-17 race car. “I am honored to be invited to this event” said Roe. Jr. “After racing in the USA for a year now and getting to know the motor racing industry over there, I am well aware of how big this shootout is. I can’t thank Mazda, Cooper Tires and Andersen Promotions enough for this opportunity.”
Hoping to build upon a very, very successful US debut
James Roe Jr. arrived in the US in April 2018 with a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn and big ambitions. Every single US track he visited was a first time experience for Roe Jr. He learned quickly and the results showed:
- 2nd Place in F2000 Season Championship
- 3 Race Wins – Watkins Glen, VIR, NJMP. Roe Jr.’s three race wins tied 2018 Series Champion, Steve Jenks, and 2017 Defending Series Champion, Brandon Dixon, for most individual wins during the 2018 season.
- 7 Podiums @ 6 different tracks – Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Summit Point, NJMP (2)
- Set a new race lap record at Summit Point breaking a long standing benchmark
- Successful USF2000 debut at Indianapolis Grand Prix – Top 5 finish
- Finalist 2018 Motorsport Ireland Young Driver Award
“I am very much looking forward to the event” said Roe Jr. “After racing at the Indianapolis Grand Prix this year, and attending every Road to Indy event throughout the year, I am well aware of what is required to win on all three levels of the ladder and look forward to the challenge ahead.”
The Mazda Road to Indy $200,000 Shootout will take place December 7th – 9th at the Bondurant Racing School in Chandler, Arizona.
Keep up to date with James Jr.
Web – www.JamesroeJr.com
Facebook – @JamesRoeJr
Twitter – @JamesRoe10